Simon Jones LLB (Hons) FCILA FUEDI-ELAE, Director
As a member of the Insurance Institute of London Property Investors Committee, I had the pleasure of Chairing our recent lecture, “X-Rated Tenants – Protecting Landlords”; which was held at the Old Library, Lloyd’s, last Wednesday 16th November.
Common property investor policy issues
Our guest speaker was Toby Rodgers, a partner at Clyde & Co who provided an excellent address exploring some of the common issues that can arise in relation to policy coverage under property investor policy wordings, including:
- Non-invalidation clauses and the protection afforded against breaches of policy terms by the tenants
- Damage by tenants and whether cover is available – a common example being illicit cannabis factories
- Disclosure issues surrounding the tenants’ trades – what does the reasonable search as mandated by the Insurance Act actually require?
- Cover for loss of rent or alternative accommodation – who gets to claim?
- Implications of the Insurance Act and the proportionate remedy for multi-location policies
- Noting of interests v. Joint names and the implications of the decision in Green v 180 Archway Road Management Co
Listen to the lecture
The lecture was well attended and a link to a Podcast can be found here.
How Quadra can help
Quadra, as a specialist loss adjusting and claims management services business, provides a dedicated Property Investors claims service and understands the unique insurance requirements of this sector.
If you require any further information about our Real Estates claims services, or indeed any of our other services, then please contact: Simon.Jones@quadraclaims.co.uk
Simon Jones LLB (Hons) FCILA FUEDI-ELAE
Quadra Claims Services Ltd
68 King William Street
D: 0161 838 6296
M: 07808 315359